Foie gras ravioli with absinthe sauce
(for 4 people)
- 1 pack of foie gras ravioli
(don't you find them already made? try to make them yourself! Click here)
- 60 ml of absinthe The Clandestine Green (alternatively a quality Verte)
- 60 g of butter
- 60ml of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- In a saucepan, cook the foie gras ravioli according to the package instructions.
- In a separate pan, heat the absinthe liqueur over medium heat and let it reduce for about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and sour cream to the pan and stir until the butter has melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the chopped chives, salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the ravioli and add them to the sauce. Gently stir to coat the foie gras ravioli with the sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Serve with a slice of toasted bread to make the slipper of the delicious absinthe sauce.
Using absinthe in cooking can be an intriguing addition to any dish. Known for its intense aroma and intoxicating effect, absinthe has long been used in cooking to add a touch of originality and personality to dishes.
It is a traditional French distillate made with many different herbs and spices, including aniseed, fennel flowers, angelica and wormwood. The liqueur has long been used in France for its ability to stimulate the appetite and as a digestif.